How can we help?
Interested in a career at Covenant Trust?
A Welcoming Workplace
Please download our opportunity guide that includes all the details about this position:
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
- Full-time, exempt (salary: $65K), benefit eligible
- 41 exempt full-time employees, 2 non-exempt full-time employees
- Monday through Friday work schedule has flexible daytime hours with 3-days per week in the office and 2-days remote (after a period of orientation).
Join a fast paced and growing company where you are a recognized contributor.
Excellent work environment and culture.
The Human Resources Coordinator is the HR visionary and strategic business partner in support of the mission of Covenant Trust. This is a department of one, the position is accountable for all aspects of the human resources function. This includes development and maintenance of HR policies, procedures and practices including the Employee Handbook; maintenance of employee files, related documentation, and data in the payroll/HR information system; development and management of job descriptions; management of centralized employee benefits; recruitment and staff retention; assist with compliance. The HR Coordinator plays a key role in our DEI initiative. This position is service oriented and administrative in nature. This position will also provide some routine accounting support.
What we look for:
- A bachelor’s degree desired.
- National certification from SHRM or HRCI upon hire or attained within two years of hire.
- Five (5) years HR experience; generalist or department-of-one experience desired.
- Multi-state experience helpful.
- Experience leading DEI initiatives desired.
- A working knowledge of HR practices, Federal and State employment laws and regulations required.
- Knowledge of job boards and excellent recruiting skills.
- Routine accounting experience desired.
- Commitment to on-going training and development through webinars, seminars, and conferences expected to maintain professional knowledge and HR certification.
- A good problem solver, able to identify issues and resolve them appropriately.
- Excellent and tactful communication skills (oral and written, English).
- Excellent customer service and people skills for a quality working relationship with Covenant Trust leadership and staff, Covenant Living HR staff, and others with whom this position interacts.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and build relationships based on trust.
- A calm, low-key approach to interactions with others, both in group meetings and individually.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Self-directed and motivated, able to work independently with excellent follow through and attention to detail, yet also able to work collaboratively.
- Ability to learn and utilize the HRIS / payroll system (WorkDay). Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to work in a high volume and fast paced environment, handling multiple deadlines and multiple projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Proactive with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with leadership, staff, and with external vendors.
- Unwavering personal integrity and ethics.
- Basic accounting understanding and skills.
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion.
Excellent benefits including choice of two medical plans; prescription drug coverage; dental; vision; employer paid life and disability; 401(k) with employer match; 11 paid holidays; PTO; paid volunteer time off; voluntary benefits include accident and critical illness, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, identity theft protection; pre-tax commuter benefits.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to Jane Westerfield, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position description available upon request. A resume can also be submitted through our website: Contact – Covenant Trust
Covenant Trust Company is a non-depository trust company chartered in 1988 and regulated by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Banking. Our shareholders are the Evangelical Covenant Church, Covenant Ministries of Benevolence, and North Park University. Our mission is to provide effective legacy planning and financial management to our clients. Covenant Trust Company is committed to protecting client and company information. All employees are expected to adhere to company policies and practices regarding the safeguarding of such information. For more information, visit www.CovenantTrust.com
Equal Opportunity Employer