A Welcoming Workplace
Covenant Trust offers excellent benefits including choice of two medical plans, prescription drug coverage, dental and vision; employer paid life and short-term/long-term disability; voluntary benefits include accident and critical illness, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, identity theft protection; 401(k) match; 10 paid holidays and PTO. Employees may also have up to five paid days for approved volunteer opportunities.
Interested in joining the Covenant Trust team? Find out more about open opportunities.
Financial Services Representative (Full-time, Exempt, eligible for benefits)
Reports to the President of Covenant Trust; location of primary focus is Covenant Living of the Great Lakes (Grand Rapids, Michigan) and the Great Lakes Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Join a fast paced and growing company where you are a recognized contributor. Financial Services Representatives (FSRs) are the primary lead generators for Covenant Trust, driving new business growth for the company. The FSR generates leads and prospects through working with Evangelical Covenant Church entities and ministries, philanthropic organizations and boards, and conversations with interested individuals. Through presentations, the FSR demonstrates the value of becoming a Covenant Trust client. The FSR is the client and prospect relationship manager.
- Brings in new managed money and estate planning clients for Covenant Trust.
- Provides financial and legacy consultation for interested persons by gathering their information and analyzing their situation; provides information on Covenant charitable opportunities; suggests account options based on prospect’s stated goals; expedites implementation of prospect’s decisions.
- Schedules and leads presentations on various financial and legacy planning topics and follows up on inquiries generated by such presentations.
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with conference superintendent, pastors and leaders of other Covenant ministries in assigned conference(s).
- Regularly visits Covenant Living retirement communities in assigned region(s).
- Meets with ministry boards, attends conference annual meeting, ministerium meetings (as invited), offers presentations for the meetings, and staffs Covenant Trust display at such meetings.
- Maintains regular contact with all known prospects in assigned region(s).
- Serves as Covenant Trust’s on-site representative to gather and transmit information and/or documents as needed between the client and Covenant Trust.
- Maintains regular contact with all clients in assigned region(s).
- Participates in regularly scheduled administrative reviews of client accounts with Covenant Trust trust administrator.
What we look for:
- Five (5) years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- CFP® designation preferred, or other demonstrated financial expertise.
- Unwavering personal integrity and ethics.
- Excellent communication (oral and written, English) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client/customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Self-directed and motivated, able to work independently with excellent follow through and attention to detail, yet also able to work collaboratively with other FSRs and corporate office staff.
- Ability to work independently and to meet goals and objectives.
- Outgoing personality, comfortable meeting and talking with all types of people including clients and prospects, their family members, attorneys, accountants, service providers, Covenant Living administrators, Covenant Trust staff, etc.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and build relationships based on trust
- Ability and willingness to schedule presentations or meet with clients/prospects on evenings or weekends.
- Understanding of the Evangelical Covenant Church and its mission is desired.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills are a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).