How can we help?
Interested in a career at Covenant Trust?
A Welcoming Workplace
- Full-time, Exempt, Benefit Eligible
- Reports to the Director of Trust Operations
Join a fast paced and growing company where you can be a recognized contributor.
Working under limited supervision, the Trust Operations Specialist is responsible for many of the daily trust accounting functions, which include overseeing and/or processing daily cash and asset transactions, workflow of the Operations Department, and backup for others within the Operations Department.
This position will also:
- Process wire transfer and ACH transactions.
- Print checks for distribution and upload positive pay files for both corporate and trust accounts.
- Settle equity and mutual fund trades.
- Submit fiduciary federal and state withholding.
- Maintain and generate customer statements.
- Setup, monitor, follow-up and reconcile mutual fund accounts at Matrix.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for house accounts.
- Open and close client accounts as directed.
- Process trust and estate documents for client accounts.
- Collect assets for the funding of new accounts.
- And provide backup support for other trust operations activities.
What we look for:
- Some college; accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent customer service skills; excellent interpersonal skills for a quality working relationship with clients and Covenant Trust staff.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple company systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to work in a high volume and fast paced environment, handling multiple deadlines and multiple projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Self-directed and motivated, able to work fairly independently with excellent follow through and attention to detail, yet also able to work collaboratively with others when necessary.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Covenant Trust offers excellent benefits including choice of two medical plans, prescription drug coverage, dental and vision; employer paid life and short-term/long-term disability; voluntary benefits include accident and critical illness, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, identity theft protection; 401(k) match; 10 paid holidays and PTO. Employees may also have up to 5 paid days for approved volunteer opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to Jane Westerfield, HR Director, at email@example.com. Position description available upon request.
Covenant Trust is a non-depository trust company chartered in 1988 and regulated by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Banking. Our shareholders are the Evangelical Covenant Church, Covenant Ministries of Benevolence, and North Park University. Our mission is to provide effective legacy planning and financial management to our clients. Covenant Trust Company is committed to protecting client and company information. All employees are expected to adhere to company policies and practices regarding the safeguarding of such information. For more information, visit www.covenanttrust.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer