Senior IRA Administrator
(Full-time, Exempt, eligible for benefits) Reports to Vice President of Trust Administration
Join a fast-paced and growing company where you are a recognized contributor. You will be responsible for all aspects of Individual Retirement Accounts management. Serve as the subject matter expert on matters related to IRAs including both Regular and ROTH plans, IRA-based plans (SEP and SIMPLE IRA), changes in regulations, required minimum distributions, early distributions, rollover issues, beneficiary designations, tax information; keep others well informed of client concerns, issues that arise and their resolution; provide input into the performance evaluation of the IRA team. Additionally, respond to both client and internal questions and requests for information. Provide IRA training as needed. Participates in the leadership of the IRA team facilitating discussion to identify opportunities for improvement, bring new ideas to senior leadership, collaboratively participates in the implementation and training of improvements.
- Administer all aspects of IRA accounts and ensure all documentation is complete and properly maintained, monitor data for accuracy
- Work with new business team to onboard new clients
- Provide input into IRA marketing strategies and materials
- Manage all mandatory reporting to clients including RMD amounts, tax information, etc., and timely file regulatory reporting including 1099Rs and 5498s
- Facilitate the annual account review, assuring timely completion and documentation; schedule and facilitate the bi-annual IRA audit
- Actively participate as a member of the Portfolio Review and Administration committees
- Manage vendor relationships
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of practical experience in IRA administration with a thorough understanding of all aspects of IRA administration, including tax reporting, qualified charitable distributions, required minimum distribution rules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent client/customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work in a high volume and fast-paced environment, handling multiple deadlines and multiple projects in a timely and professional manner
- Self-directed and motivated, able to work independently with excellent follow through and attention to detail, yet also able to work collaboratively as part of a team within the department assisting others when necessary
- Interested and able to continue education through annual conferences and seminars
CTC offers excellent benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision; employer paid life and short-term/long-term disability; voluntary benefits including accident and critical illness, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, identity theft protection; 401(k) match; 12 paid holidays and PTO.
To apply, please send your resume to Jane Westerfield, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position description available upon request.
Covenant Trust Company is a non-depository trust company chartered in 1988 and regulated by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Banking. Our shareholders are the Evangelical Covenant Church, Covenant Ministries of Benevolence, and North Park University.
Our mission is to provide effective legacy planning and financial management services to our clients.